Welcome to the Certified Container Images getting started tutorial by SIGHUP.
In this section you will:
- Build a Java (Spring Boot based) application using Maven
- Powered by SIGHUP certified images
- Deploy it to Kubernetes
- Inspect JVM parameters on Grafana its Dashboard.
Java Certified Container Image on Kubernetes
Step 1 - Important Notes
Welcome to the Java Certified Image Katakoda scenario.
Here you will discover how to use SIGHUP certified images to build and deploy a Java Application on Kubernetes.
Important notes to keep in mind:
- Read carefully all the steps.
- You don't need to write any command. Click on the commands available on the left side of your screen (instructions).
- Wait until the first terminal finishes the bootstrapping process. It can take 3-6 minutes.
- If you try to enter Grafana or App web app and it does not work, be sure the bootstrapping process has finished.
- Check every pod is in running state:
kubectl get pods -A