- You have been auto logged in as
adminuser, verify by running
oc whoamion the command line.
You can click on the above command (and all others in this scenario) to automatically copy it into the terminal and execute it.
- Create a new project, that we will use throughout this scenario and create a PersistentVolumeClaim on OCS storage class which will be used by Elasticsearch pod to persist data
oc create -f 1_create_ns_ocs_pvc.yaml
oc project e-library
- To verify get the Storage Class (SC) and PersistentVolumeClaim (PVC)
oc get pvc
oc get sc
- With just a few lines of YAML, you have created a PVC named
ocs-pv-claimon storage class
ocs-storagecluster-ceph-rbdwhich is provisioned from OpenShift Container Storage. Elasticsearch needs persistence for its data and OpenShift Container Storage is one of the simplest and reliable option that you can choose to persist data for you apps running on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Let's continue to the next section to deploy the Elasticsearch cluster.