In this scenario, you will:
- Learn about the main characteristics and benefits of Apache Cassandra™
- Install, start and connect to a Cassandra instance
This scenario is also available on our datastax.com/dev site, where you can find many more resources to help you succeed with Apache Cassandra™.
Did you know?
You can use Cassandra as a service in the cloud. Nothing to install, no credit card required. Sign up and launch your database with a few clicks at astra.datastax.com!
In this scenario, you learned about:
- Main characteristics and benefits of Apache Cassandra™
- Installing, starting and connecting to a Cassandra instance
Introduction to Apache Cassandra™
What is Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra™ is an open-source distributed NoSQL database that delivers continuous availability, high performance, and linear scalability. Cassandra is suited equally well for on-prem, multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud deployments.
Hundreds of enterprises choose Cassandra as the main persistence layer for their modern data-driven and cloud-native applications. Some of the most important benefits of using Cassandra include:
- Cassandra's availability supports mission-critical applications
- Cassandra's performance and scalability translate to high-throughput and high-volume applications
- Cassandra's data distribution and replication enable global presence and workload separation
- Cassandra's multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud capabilities mean zero lock-in and workload mobility