Weave Cloud Monitor handles metrics from the Prometheus daemon once it has been deployed to your cluster.
Let's explore the cluster by deploying the Weave Cloud Agents:
1. To begin, sign up for Weave Cloud .
If you already have a Weave Cloud account, you should create a new 'Instance' for this exercise. To create a new instance, use the instance selector drop-down in the top bar and select 'View all instances', then select '+ Connect a cluster' from the top of the page.
When asked, name your instance 'Prometheus Monitoring Lab'.
2. From the setup screens select Kubernetes and then Generic Kubernetes.
3. Copy the command that appears and paste it into the terminal window. This installs the Weave Cloud agents onto the Kubernetes cluster.
Note: When doing this, make sure you use the
Standard installation method, not the one using
4. Wait until the page shows that all agents have connected. (This might take up to a minute or two.)
5. Click the View Your Cluster button to continue to the instance homepage