Welcome to BlueData Application Workbench tutorial!
This tutorial will teach you the fundamental concepts of BlueData Application Workbench. By the end of this tutorial you will be able to create a simple application that can be used to launch clusters on BlueData EPIC platform.
-Access to any BlueData controller host
-Basic understanding of Linux OS, docker
-Shell and Python scripting skills
-Understanding of application deployment using manual instructions
-Understanding of systemctl scripts for services
This scenario is developed by:
Intro To BlueData Application Workbench
Step 1 - Intro To BlueData Application Workbench.
Let's Start App workbench Tutorial
App Workbench – A tool provided by BlueData to create, assemble, and share dockerized applications running on BlueData
App Workbench version 3.4 (also called bdwb) is a Python-based CLI framework that provides a rich set of APIs, macros, and a shell to:
- Create Docker images from Dockerfiles based on BlueData images.
- Orchestrate the run time environment for single and multi-node deployments.
- Package and load images into the BlueData EPIC App Store
The App Workbench focuses mainly on the following three use cases:
- Modify or upgrade an existing Hadoop or Spark distribution in the App Store
- Add a new application as an edge node to a Hadoop or Spark cluster with auto-provisioning
- Create new images for Big Data applications and frameworks
New features in App Workbench 3.4:
- Assign a different Docker image to each virtual node role
- Auto-increment build numbers
- Variable definition
- Role-specific options
- Remote copy/execute
- Remote Docker registries