In this step we will prepare Helm tool.
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kubernetes/helm/master/scripts/get | bash
helm repo update
Check all system pods are up
kubectl get pods -n kube-system
Check Helm is healthy
Helm and Tiller
Helm - is a kubernetes package manager, several notes about it:
- Find and use popular software packaged as Helm charts to run in Kubernetes
- Share your own applications as Helm charts
- Create reproducible builds of your Kubernetes applications
- Intelligently manage your Kubernetes manifest files
- Manage releases of Helm packages
Tiller - Tiller is the in-cluster component of Helm. It interacts directly with the Kubernetes API server to install, upgrade, query, and remove Kubernetes resources. It also stores the objects that represent releases.