Collaborating work and managing projects with bare Git SCM is not a simple task. Optimally you'll need a platform to manage your project.
GitLab is a fully integrated software development platform that enables you and your team to work cohesively, faster, transparently, and effectively, since the discussion of a new idea until taking that idea to production all the way through, from within the same platform.
Create New Project
- In your dashboard, click the green New project button or use the plus icon in the upper right corner of the navigation bar.
- This opens the New project page.
Provide the following information:
- Project name: project-atomic
- Project description: Yet another simple HTML application
- Visibility Level: Private
- Check "Initialize repository with a README"
Click Create project.
Add CHANGELOG, LICENSE and CONTRIBUTING.md
When you initialize a new repository, the best practice is to add some files which describes your project, such as;
- CHANGELOG which is used to track changes
- LICENSE which tells the world what is the copyright of your source code
- CONTRIBUTING.md which describes to them how to contribute to your project
- Add new License file by clicking on the Add License button. This will open a text editor for entering the license context of your project.
- Choose Apache License 2.0 from the Template dropdown menu.
- Push the Commit changes button.
Do the same for CHANGELOG and CONTRIBUTING.md.
Manage Project Memebers
- Navigate to Settings then Members
Under the Add member section, provide the following information: You can read more about role permissions on http://git.itworx.cloud/help/user/permissions
- Select members to invite: "Choose your other team member"
- Choose a role permission: Developer
Click Add to project